You care about your patients. You make a difference in your community. You get involved locally.
But it’s also important to get involved on a larger scale to help progress independent pharmacy as a whole. The power of unity and collaboration in the industry brings people together to make a difference and advocate for the best interests of the entire community.
Some benefits of joining independent pharmacy organizations include:
- Practice continuing education and learn new trends in the industry
- Access to actionable tools and resources to use in your own pharmacy
- Participate in advocacy for pharmacy legislation
- Network with other pharmacists and influential figures in the industry
- Receive member-only discounts and offers
- Take on leadership opportunities and increase your impact
- Attend trade shows and workshops to expand your skill set
There are multiple ways for you – and your team – to get involved. Encouraging an atmosphere of self-improvement and collaboration brings value to your community pharmacy.
Here are some distinguished, influential organizations to consider joining and start looking into: